Saturday, October 7, 2017

How I Am Doing

Sunday, October 1st, 2017 was just supposed to be the last fun filled day of the Route 91 festival.  It was supposed to be full of beers, laughter, photos, and many memories.  It started that way, but it ended tragically.  I know, because I was there.

For days I have struggled (and I still am struggling) to process what exactly occurred and why.  The why I will never know, but the what...  That was bullets raining down from above striking many and  killing 58 innocent people.

It is hard to process, because I could have been one of those people, my mom could have, my sister, my brother in law or the friends we went with.  Thankfully none of us were injured physically, but the emotional damage is there.  It is something we each will carry for the rest of our lives.

I want to say that I am okay and honestly, for the most part I am.  I still can't listen to country music without crying, but I can talk about Sunday with out tearing up.  The news media posts bring me anger and tears. 

I cannot fathom what the families of those injured and lost are dealing with.  We all have a long road ahead of us, but I ask this... Think about Sunday when you vote in your representatives.

Think about Sandy Hook Elementary.

Think about Virginia Tech.

Think about Aurora.

Think about San Bernardino.

Think about Columbine.

Think about Orlando.

Think about every single mass shooting.

Think about how we can help prevent more mass shootings, because not one of us should have to run for our lives from rapid gunfire in America, at least not in the America I know and I love.


No comments:

Post a Comment