Wednesday, August 30, 2017

Showing Texas Love

Most people who know me well, know that I am not a huge fan of Texas.  In fact, I prefer the term TexAss when referring to the state, but that is neither here nor there.  What is here is the fact that Texas has been struck by Hurricane Harvey this past week, only to have Harvey spin out and regain strength and head toward Louisiana.

My mom's family is from both states with family still residing in both, so it wouldn't be a stretch to say I have southern roots and I feel them from time to time.  More importantly, I have American roots so when fellow Americans are in trouble I ask how I can help.

During Katrina I worked for a Credit Union who gladly took FEMA donations.  The thing with FEMA is all donations must be made in cash.  I don't buy into the whole Go Fund Me pages as too much fraud can occur there.  Instead, I fully support The American Red Cross.  Through Facebook's donation tab, I have created a page and simple button to donate to the Hurricane Harvey relief effort.  If you can donate, please do.  The American Red Cross is also taking donations via text message in $10 increments, just text 90999.

 In the meantime, please keep sending thoughts and prayers to all victims, residents and most importantly, the volunteers and emergency workers who are risking their lives and have been working tirelessly to save lives and rescue sweet puppies!

Please enjoy some fun memories of my trip to Texas in 2013.


No comments:

Post a Comment