Friday, March 3, 2017

Texting Tribulations

I know I am not the only girl out there to meet a guy, have things go great and then all of a sudden, BAM, things are going south faster than a fireman on a fire pole.  And I am not talking online dating, but dating in general.  It is really hard out there for a girl.  We have to find a good guy, one we are interested in, make sure he is interested in us, go through the awkward motions of meeting up, dating and possibly starting a “relationship’ AND we have to make sure it doesn't fizzle out. 

Here is the thing- I don’t think relationships today are fizzling for lack of chemistry but more because of two lazy people.  It is hard to keep a relationship going in the first place, but add in the stresses of work, technology and life in general and it makes it really hard out there for a couple.  Especially when people preach about the “rules” of dating…  I don’t think old school rules apply much anymore, but here is the thing- I think we really need to get away from consistently texting and start calling each other.

Don’t get me wrong- I text and I love the convenience of texting but I think there comes a point when phone calls start to become necessary to keep a relationship going.   I mean you only get what you put in, so why not put in a few phone calls?





No comments:

Post a Comment