Tuesday, March 14, 2017

Modified Whole 30-Ish Plan

I don't know about y'all, but I ate like absolute shit this past weekend.  While I did get my workouts in and was relatively close to being under my calorie goal, I still felt lethargic and cranky... Not to mention, my sleep schedule is all out of whack due to this stupid thing called daylight savings time.  More like want to kill everyone in my path time...

Anyways, after this weekend I decided I need to be better to myself.  I didn't go through rounds of Whole 30 to throw it down the drain on a bottle of champagne and tortilla chips.  A couple years ago, after my initial Whole 30 round, I went on what I like to call "kinda 30".  It applies the same principles, but I do allow some room  for dairy, sugar (gotta have my creamer), and soy sauce.  I am not a huge bread person so that isn't hard for me to avoid and spaghetti squash and zucchini noodles have basically replaced pasta for me.

My "modified" version still requires meal planning and prep.  Most nights dinner is a bagged salad and a meal from Freshly.  It means I get veggies and protein, both of which I tend to skip out on if I haven't planned properly.  Breakfast is back to my handy dandy egg muffins and an orange or apple.  Lunch typically ends up being my semi cheat meal, because I love tacos.  Sad, but true... I am that basic!

Really I am putting this post up so I remember I made a promise not only to myself but you guys too, to be better to myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment