Tuesday, January 31, 2017

Instead Of Politics

Is it just me, or has everyone kind of had it with the ignorant and cruel political posts on Facebook?  Truthfully, I have shared a few things on my personal page that I think are important, but some of these people fighting with each other is ridiculous.  You're not going to "school" anyone or miraculously make them see things your way.  I know there has been a lot of strife over the recent "ban" and I am not going to say I condone it, in fact it breaks my heart, but I am not going to get into it either.

So here are a few things that should take your mind off of politics...  At least for the entire time it takes you to read this post.


Superbowl 51- New England Patriots and Atlanta Falcons are going to be taking over Houston in less than two weeks.  My boys (of course) made it again and hopefully will dominate.  I will admit it is nice to see the Falcons with another appearance for the big game.  This is only their second appearance and I have a feeling they will be a force to be reckoned with.  I am hoping for a close and exciting game and maybe I will some money with my Superbowl squares.



"Z"- Amazon Prime released their latest creation starring Christina Ricci as Zelda Fitzgerald.  I could not stop watching it.  I started last Friday and was finished on Sunday.  In all fairness the episodes are 25-30 minutes a piece so it wasn't that much binge time.  But seriously, Amazon has done a stunning job.  I have always been a fan of F. Scott Fitzgerald, but I never knew how much he stole borrowed from Zelda to create his masterpieces and they have made the Jazz age a place I want to visit.  Have you watched it?


Vitamin C Serum - So this wasn't what I thought it was when I bought it.  In fact, I thought I was purchasing a Vitamin C face oil to use as a moisturizer... Yeah, this is not that.  However, I have been pleasantly surprised.  This serum is supposed to fade dark spots/ sun spots, diminishes fine lines and wrinkles, but the best thing to me is that using this after washing my face and before using primer has allowed my make up to actually stay in place all day long.  It made me realize my oil was too oily and my face would run all over the place.

No Spend February-  I have been reading and taking notes from bloggers that have gone an entire month without spending money on things other than bills and groceries.  While I think this could be a great idea, I am still trying to put together how I would pull this off.  Perhaps I will have a post for you tomorrow on it.

What are you doing to stay sane during all of the political post wars?








No comments:

Post a Comment