Monday, July 18, 2016

That Time I Took A Nap...

Has anyone been so exhausted by life that they have fallen asleep right where they are sitting?  I have done it a few times at bars, restaurants and obviously movies.  Movies might not seem like a big deal unless you're on a date with a guy you really like...



I did just that a couple years ago.  I had been dating this guy and he didn't really have a whole lot of time for dating so when he would offer up a day and time, I jumped like a puppy receiving a treat.  (Sad and slightly pathetic in retrospect.)  I should have really said "no" but I went anyway.

I can't really recall why I was so tired, but the night was foggy and rainy and I told him I would drive.  You know, because I am a psycho control freak and like to be in control of my own destiny.  We made the treacherous drive down the mountain into the city.  We were about 20 minutes too late to see "Lincoln" so we settled on "Argo" which was even later than "Lincoln".  Looking back I should have suggested going to dinner instead, but my stubbornness would win out.  

I ordered a Diet Coke in hopes the caffeine would provide a small bit of energy to keep my eyes open.  We chatted and flirted prior to the movie starting.  Once it started I was really into the story line and thought it would keep me awake.  The last thing I remember was Ben's butt in his hotel room.  

Next thing I know I am being gently tapped awake during the airport scene.  I had a tiny bit of drool on shoulder and tried to play it off like I hadn't just slept through most of the movie that cost $15 to go see.  I will never forget the look on his face... He seemed to feel bad but there was a smirk too.  

It was awful!

This experience is probably why I dislike movie dates.  I mean I can barely keep my eyes open during Netflix binges!

No comments:

Post a Comment